A few years ago, me and my husband were blessed to finally enjoy the vacation of a lifetime. Upon returning home from our nearly two week vacation, we found scorch marks along the wall in our laundry room. Confused by these marks, my husband decided to call an electrician. Much to our surprise, our home had suffered a small electrical fire while we were away. Thankfully, this fire burned out quickly and was contained to the wiring inside the wall.
What shocked me most was that I never realized our electrical system was failing until after the fire. Since that day, I have made it a point to learn more about how my home's electrical system works and how to spot signs of potential problems. Today, I would like to share with you everything that I have learned along the way.